Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Force Was With Us

So Yesterday was a big day for me. Yes, I know I missed Mental Health Monday but I'll make it up this week. I would have done it yesterday but there were two big events. I started my new job and we had five new additions to our family.

Late last month I was hired on as an Extra Help Office Assistant at the Health and Human Services Association, also known as Social Services. Yesterday was my first day and it was a bit nerve wrecking. I'm always nervous when I start a new job or go into a new situation. It's my anxiety kicking in. Anyway, I had a great day and am getting settled in quickly. Hopefully I will be switched to full time within a few months. Fingers crossed...

At about 6:30 last night Lilly's water broke while I was holding her. I took her into my room and put her in her nest. She ended up not wanting to give birth in there so we set towels out and Lilly settled in between my legs. She wanted all her people around her and would go out into the living room to get my mom and dad. Around 10 She still hadn't given birth so we moved her out into the living room where my mom and I stayed until she decided to pop. After kitten number five we ended up getting some sleep. Mom went back to bed and I stayed in the living room with the cats.

This was the first time I had ever seen any living thing being born. It was an amazing and indescribable experience. I'm so glad that I was able to be there for my Lilly while she was going through her tough time. The kittens are so cute too.




No comments:

Post a Comment