Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Marrying for ..... BBQ Sauce?

Today I was asked the old question. Am I looking for love or money in my next relationship. I thought about this for just a moment. Of course I want to marry for love but I don't want my man to be broke either. Come on, who doesn't want a man to help take care of her when she's having hard times?

Just as I opened my mouth to give my answer my mother (who was having her own completely separate conversation) said loudly "Barbecue Sauce." Of course everyone around us started laughing but it got me thinking. What I want out of a man has several similarities to what I want in a man.


Sweetness:
My favorite barbecue sauces have honey or some sort of other sweetness. I want my man to be sweet and thoughtful. He doesn't have to bring me presents every day or cook for me all the time. I just want him to think of me and treat me like a lady.


Have a slight kick:
I like a sauce with a little tangy, spicy kick. I also like my man to have the same sass to him. I need someone who can take a teasing, but can put me in my place if I NEED it. He also has to be able to give me a shove.


Be priced moderately:
Now I know a man can't be bought but a sauce can. I don't like the cheap sauces because they don't have the rich complexity that I like. A cheap man is similar. All he thinks about is saving money. I agree that saving money is a good thing but all things need to be in moderation. Going out to dinner once in a while is nice.

On the other hand expensive barbecue sauces rarely live up to the hype. Again it's like a rich man. It may be nice to have expensive things but the reality is that he is likely just looking for a good time, A man who can control his wealth is a rarity these days just like a product living up to expectations.


The family has to like it:
If your family doesn't like a certain barbecue sauce you don't use it. It should be the same for a man. If you want to add him to the family you should at least make sure the family likes him. That goes for him too. He should like your family but keep in mind that if he doesn't you will be torn between them. Come on ladies. You know it's true. You need to be prepared for every eventuality.


You really do like it:
How many times have we settled for the thing we like less just because it's a habit or because it's cheaper? I know I've done it. That shouldn't be the case for a man. You need to really like him. Don't date someone out of desperation or convenience. You should genuinely care about them if you are going to be spending that much time or effort into the relationship.


So who's with me? Shall we marry for Barbecue Sauce?

No comments:

Post a Comment