Tuesday, February 3, 2015

JCPenny Rant

Today I had started a post about why I bathe my cat and the adventures of such... HOWEVER, I have a more pressing issue to write about...JCPenny's blatant hatred of overweight people! Yes you read that right. I'm saying it and by doing so I may be risking my job. Let me clarify...

The first time I suspected this was when I went in, as a customer, to by work clothes... I couldn't find one pair of slacks in my size. Not one... Though this is a common thing in other stores what shocked me is that they had jeans in my size... They had work out clothes and shirts but no professional clothes... I shrugged it off and ended up going to Walmart to get some slacks of less quality.

The second time I went bra shopping. Not only did all the associates ignore me but they literally huffed when I asked them to help me find my size. They showed me the most ugly bras that I have ever seen. When I showed her things that were more my style she told me that they didn't carry my bra size in normal styles... WHAT?!?! I ended up getting 2 bras on my own because of the rudeness.

The final straw was tonight. My mom has been wanting a watch so we went to JCPenny to find something for her because she has been working hard and overall deserves one. We were looking for a while and I was thinking of getting one as well so it took a bit of extra time. The associate helped my mom at first but because of my mom's larger wrists she couldn't fit ONE of the watches. A while I found one I was thinking of getting so I called my parents over to get their opinion. This lady came over and told my mom "Those may not fit your wrist they are made in small sizes." Considering these watches were NOT children's watches there was no reason for her to say it. OH and my mom was looking at a watch FOR ME!!! My dad ended up calling the manager and it didn't seem like much was done. Mom ended up getting one of those "small size" watches and it fits perfectly.

I hate working for a company that treats their customers with such distaste. If you ask me they can learn something about customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment