Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2015 Mental Health Monday (PTSD)



PTSD was once known as "shell shock". It was first noticed in soldiers coming home from wars even though that isn't the only way to get PTSD as the videos that I have posted said. It can happen through any traumatic, life threatening event.

In my case it was sexual and emotional abuse. I've had PTSD for about 14 years. When it first appeared I wold have nightmares, avoid anywhere I could run into my abuser (and in a small town that's nearly impossible), have flashbacks... the list goes on. I still have moments of panic, nightmares, certain songs make me want to cover my ears, scream and cry and I can't stand stetson cologne. I don't know if these will ever go away but it's tolerable now.

If you have PTSD or think someone you love has it, please don't hesitate to get help!


No comments:

Post a Comment