Monday, March 2, 2015

My Top 5 Favorite Movies

Everyone loves a good movie and I am no exception but my favorite movies may surprise you.

#5-A Knight's Tale

This movie starring Heath Ledger (one of my all time favorite actors) is about a young child who was sold to a knight to be his squire. When he grew up the knight died leaving 3 peasants to fend for themselves. Heath Ledger's character bands them together, while bringing a couple others to the team and attempts to fool the nobles into believing he is a knight to provide for his friends.

Why I love it: I love movies about changing the social norm for the better. I love the heroes conquering their trials and coming out victorious.

#4-Divergent

Divergent is based off of a book series by Veronica Roth. I am a HUGE fan of the series and can't wait for the second movie in the series "Allegiant" to come out this month. It is about a girl named Tris and her journey to find herself. She leaves her family and joins the Dauntless but there she runs into nothing but trouble.

Why I love it: This movie is about overcoming obstacles and finding yourself despite resistance.


#3- Brave

This movie is about a Scottish princess named Merida who, in defiance of tradition refuses to take a husband. While her parents are trying to sort out the chaos this causes, she is granted one wish and discovers it is more of a curse than a blessing. She goes on an adventure of self discovery and growth with her mother (now turned into a bear by her wish) in order to make things right.

Why I love it: Merida shows young girls that you don't need a man to be happy.


#2 The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

This is a touching movie directed by and starring Ben Stiller is about a man named Walter known around the office of Life Magazine as a daydreamer and space case. He has a special relationship with a great photographer and loses the best picture he's ever taken. He goes on an amazing adventure to find the photographer to get the negative from him and thus ends his daydreaming.

Why I love it: Mixed in with the amazing message of "Make life an adventure" is comedy that still has me laughing when I think of it.


#1- Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha is an exotic movie set in Japan and played by all Japanese actors. It is inspired by the book of the same name by Arthur Golden. It is narrated by a geisha named Nitta Sayuri who was born as Chiyo in a small fishing village. She was sold to an okiya (geisha house) by her elderly father and deathly ill mother along with her sister. She grows from a maid and becomes one of the most popular geisha in Japan.

Why I love it: You are more than what you were born into. You can change your circumstances with hard work.


Did any of these surprise you? What are your favorite movies? Please leave a comment and tell me or make suggestions of movies for me to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment