Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Last 10 Years As Told By Songs

2005

This year I had established myself in the community as a performer. I was in the Drama Club, choir and I constantly sang in front of my Church


2006

This was my anthem for 2006. This was the year that I finally let a boy I liked know how I felt about him, got my driver's license, and took the risk of talking to my dad. 



2007

This was the year I graduated from high school and I had high hopes for my life. I was hoping for so much.

2008

This song describes how I felt for the first year of living in Redding, Ca after living in a small town for a majority of my life. People here claim to be cowboys but I know what a real cowboy is like. 

2009

This song is dedicated to the mistake I made of marrying my ex and all the gossip I know I caused.


2010

This was one of the songs he used to sing to me. Back in this year I would have believed every word of it. I was in love with him but he had other things in mind. 


2011

I chose this song because in 2011 I had been married for two years and I already knew that things were going to go bad.

2012

This is the year I started to realize that things weren't right in our marriage. He was controlling to the point that I wasn't allowed to have a job or go anywhere without him. I also started to suspect he was being unfaithful. I remember telling my mom that the marriage was over I just didn't know how to tell him.

2013

2013 was the final straw. Every word of this song happened every week at least twice. Not only did I find him cheating on me with 2 women and a man but he was abusive. In October of this year I had a heart surgery and the next day he had me up helping him get ready for work. 6 days after my surgery I kicked him out for the final time. 


2014

This year was spent trying to put my life back together and find myself again. I can't say it has been easy but I know that I can survive it. 


Jan-Mar 2015

So far this year has brought problem after problem including me getting laid off from my job but there's always an upside to everything

No comments:

Post a Comment