Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Life Update

So my life has been kind of crazy the past week and a half. After my last post I got a call to get my back surgery process started. When I was about 15 years old I got into a rollover car accident and it caused some permanent damage. I'm just now getting it fixed. I know I'm a bad girl... Anyway... I had my first testing session on Thursday the 16th. I don't remember much of it to be honest. I remember being rolled into the room on a bed and having my back numbed. Other than that I remember one particularly painful poke when they hit a nerve. The next thing I knew I was in recovery and being allowed to leave.

The day after, though I was still in pain, I had my physical for the county job that I applied for about a month ago. It took nearly 3 hours to get a 5 minute physical done. By the time I was done with it my back hurt so bad... At least it was done.

Today I got three separate calls. The first one was from HR offering me an extra help job with the county. The second was setting up my pre-employment meeting to get my paperwork filled out. And the third was from my new supervisor! I'm so excited! This is a huge opportunity for me. I can't wait to start and prove myself.

Thank you to everyone for putting up with my lack of creativity and posting while I'm going through these transitions. Thank you all for reading my posts. You are all awesome. Let me know what you guys would want to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment