Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ablation Journal Entry 7

Hey everyone! Just letting you know I had my surgery about 2:30 yesterday. When I went into the operating room things were crazy. They put all sorts of electrodes and leads all over my body. Once they were done with that they laid me back and told me not to move. Soon after it felt like ice water was being pumped into my vein via the IV. Turns out that was the sedative they gave me. I was awake the whole time but I wasn't aware of much. I do remember them putting the catheter in through my groin area (and yes that was very awkward). What felt like seconds later I felt my heart start racing and though that was uncomfortable they couldn't make me produce a delta wave or put me into an arrhythmia. It turns out that they found a small pathway between the upper and lower chamber of my heart but it shouldn't be a big of a problem as they thought. Dr. Challapoli was awesome. He told my family that he couldn't do anything to make it mess up. It made me very happy.

I came out of surgery at about 4 to my family waiting for me in my room. It was great having them there and my parents even bought me flowers. it was so sweet. I'm blessed to have such a great family. Jhai and my mom had to feed me pudding and soup because I couldn't move my head (or any part of my body for that matter). In other words yesterday made me feel very loved and relieved about my condition.

Today I woke up still in a slight haze from the anesthesia but I am able to walk for short distances... like to the bathroom, then I have to rest for a few minutes. I am still really sore but Tylenol seems to be doing the trick keeping me out of pain.

Thanks for all your prayers and love. I'm sure my recovery will go by fast. I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment