Saturday, October 12, 2013

Yesterday's Adventure

So yesterday started out normal. Get up, take a shower, get dressed, go to work... Sounds almost boring right? Well once I got to work things started getting busy as usual until a big family came in for pictures. I was assigned to make the sale. As I was going through the pictures I came across a picture of all the women (and girls) of the family. I commented on how beautiful they all looked and they informed me that it was a four generation picture. I immediately had to hold back tears. My mom has been wanting one of those pictures for years and now it will be impossible since my grandmother died in January. My great grandmother is still alive but the picture would be incomplete. I wish I could have gotten this done for my mom.  I managed to keep my composure and get through the sale with a smile, however forced it was.

After my shift was over I remembered that I needed to get my pre-admit done for my surgery on Monday. I rushed to the hospital and sat there for about 45 minutes waiting for the person to get my information. I thought I was going to be late for my second job of the day but luckily they called me in and it took about a half hour.

My second job was babysitting for a couple who are divorcing. Not only were the children upset from that but two of them were sick with the fever. They were very cranky and fussy the whole night. I was there for 6 and a half hours. So in total I worked for 9 and a half hours and I couldn't be more proud of myself. My body isn't happy and is really really sore but it was so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment