Saturday, January 3, 2015

Bathing Miss Lilly

For those of you who don't know, I got a kitten this summer. She is a very cute tuxedo with bright yellow eyes. It took a few days for her to adjust to life with two dogs and three people eager for her attention. I've owned cats before but I'd never had them sleeping in my bed... thus the weekly baths came into being. I wasn't going to have my cat sleep in my bed while she's bringing in God knows what from outside.

Lilly was, of course, not happy with the baths at first. She fought me and meowed like I was torturing her. After the bath was over she shivered and shook and glared at me for several hours afterward. Finally she allowed me to cuddle her and get her fully dry. Don't get me wrong. She still hates the baths but she knows they are going to happen if she likes it or not. Now she has learned that if she cooperates it will happen a lot faster and she can get cuddled.

Lilly before the bath....

Her sulking afterward....

No comments:

Post a Comment