Monday, January 19, 2015

"Can I See Your ID?"

Going to the library is a fun event for my family. We can spend hours there just looking through the books just trying to make a decision. Its hard to get me out of the place. It's like my paradise. My dream would be to have a library of my own where I could live out my days with my nose stuck in a book. What annoys me is when people misuse my utopia or abuse the books.

My story begins just yesterday on a family outing to the library. I was so excited to be back in those hallowed halls of books that I could barely keep myself from running inside like a little child. The entrance smelled of apple pie and sunshine. I'm serious. It must have been the cleaners they used but it was heavenly. I walked through isles and isles of books looking at world after world of magic and imagination. *sigh* Pure heaven... but I digress... I found the book I wanted and I set of to find my parents. I found them at the upstairs computers and started walking toward them. As I did one of the librarians asked if I had any questions and I shook my head. It was as if she didn't want me to go to my parents. I went anyway and my mom told me to sit down as she looked for books to help my father learn to fly a plane. 

I pulled up a chair and she wrote a little note on her note pad. She described a man not far from us who's computer screen was facing us. I looked behind us and noticed the security guard watching him carefully. He moved his screen to another page and inserted a picture of himself into what looked like a driver's license. My jaw dropped and I looked at my mom. 

"Did you guys tell them?" I whispered shocked at the whole situation. Mom nodded and did her typical "I-can't-believe-this-is-happening" laugh. Apparently he and another man were making fake IDs out of the library for some time now and his partner had gone downstairs to complain about people watching their computer screen. And the Darwin Nomination goes to.... Moron in the Leather Jacket and his Less Brilliant Sidekick.

I mean, seriously? Who goes to the library to make fake IDs? You are bound to get caught! 

No comments:

Post a Comment