Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tattoo!!!

I got a tattoo! Yes I know it's a surprise with everyone these days getting one. (Yes that was sarcasm.) I have been contemplating getting one for 10 years now and I knew what I wanted. I just never had the courage, money, nor the opportunity to get one. I decided that I would get myself one for my 26th birthday but since it is near Christmas time it got postponed a couple weeks.

On the 20th of December I went into TATTOOZ INK to make an appointment. I looked through their artists' profiles and finally chose Ron Jared because his work was similar to what I would do if I could draw. I made the appointment for January 4th at 11 am and made my down payment of $100.

When the day finally came, my mom and I arrived a half hour early (mostly due to my excitement and nervousness). Once we were let in I filled out my paperwork and had my consultation with the artist. He was very nice and explained things well. It took about 40 minutes for him to draw up something. When he was finished he showed me the tattoo he had in mind and I loved it. He went in the back and finished making my stencil. The whole time my nervousness was getting a hold on me. I couldn't sit still and my adrenaline was pumping.

Ron finally called me back and we got set up. Mom was allowed to come back with me even though she was looking a bit green. I knew she wasn't looking forward to it. She doesn't like needles but she went with me because I asked her to be there for moral support. I don't think I could have done it without her. I told Ron that it was my first tattoo and he told me it was no big deal. He did a small part of a line and stopped. I was surprised at the feeling. It was indescribable. There are things similar but nothing exactly like it. He looked at me and waited for my signal. I looked at him and nodded. "That's not so bad..." I said with a slight laugh. "You gonna live?" he asked and started again. I nodded and smiled. "Yeah. I think so."

It took about an hour for the tattoo to be finished but once it was I fell in love with it. I would have been just fine with the black outline that he did but he also added color to it. He quickly bandaged it up and told me how to care for it. I was to keep the bandage on for an hour or two. After that time I was to take it off and wash the tattoo. After that I was to was it several times a day and keep it clean for a few days.

When I took off the bandage it was red and raised up... obviously irritated.There was a little bit of a mess from the excess ink leaking out and my blood. I cleaned it up with a little bit of discomfort. I washed it a couple more times and once more before bed. Before I retired for the night I wrapped my arm in plastic wrap and used a bit of medical tape to keep it in place.

The next morning I woke with a bit of excess ink on my arm. I took care to wash it and keep it clean even as I worked. Throughout the day it scabbed over a bit.

Today it was the same thing. But I will keep you all updated as the process continues! 

After the first washing

Morning ink drain

Day 3


No comments:

Post a Comment