Monday, January 26, 2015

Life's Little Irritations

We all have those things that irritate us to no end. It could be an unorganized closet, our hair being out of place, or an unruly child. I thought I would share some of the things that bother me and maybe you can share some things about yourself...

One major annoyance for me is hearing people chew. I don't know why but it both disgusts and makes me mad. There is something about the sound that drives me absolutely nuts. I know I'm not the only one though. There is a condition called Misophonia. I don't know if I have it or what but I will post a link at the bottom of the post with more information if it sounds interesting to you.

Another thing that really bothers me is when someone dog-ears pages in a book or rolling soft covers so they can read it with one hand. From a young age my mother taught me that books are precious things and need to be cared for. She told me not to break the spine or bend the pages. Books are so poorly cared for these days and it upsets me. I'm a book lover from birth and I have my mama to blame (or thank) for that. It bothers me how little respect people have for such an ancient art. You can learn so much from books and share so many stories. What's not to like about them? So please, if you have a book around me don't mistreat it or I will end up taking it from you and beating you with it.

Since I was a kid one thing that has irritated me was when someone squeezed toothpaste from the middle of the tube instead of the end. UGH It bothers me so much I used to lecture my mother... MY MOTHER... about it. I used my own allowance to buy those little things that you put on the end of the tube and pull it down to get every last drop. It was at that point that my mom bought separate toothpaste for me. I think she got sick of hearing it.

Now, I wasn't an English major in college. In fact I was a psychology major. HOWEVER, I am a self proclaimed Grammar Nazi. I know I'm not perfect. I make mistakes and I SUCK at spelling but it irritates me when someone speaks in double negatives or uses a word improperly. It also annoys me when someone doesn't know which form of their, there, or they're to use in a sentence. They teach that in elementary school for goodness sake. Try to retain your education instead of throwing it in the toilet.

The only thing that can get me upset faster than any of those things is bad drivers. I know all of you can agree with me here. There are people that just shouldn't have a driver's license. I'm talking about the people who speed up to pass you then once they are in front of you they slow down... WHAT THE HECK!!!! Seriously? Was it that important to get in front of me? Or the people who sit at a green light because they are busy texting their BFF or whatever. UGH Put down the phone!

Anyway... I hope you can find humor in some of these and maybe even agree with some of them. Consider this part one as I'm sure more irritations will pop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment